The aim of this service is to provide a comprehensive and culturally appropriate clinical dietetic service to meet the needs of patients enrolled within Te Tai Tokerau Primary Health rohe throughout the mid and far north.
Involvement in health promotion activities and community development initiatives are also important components of the role.
The dietitian for Te Tai Tokerau PHO is Katie Taylor who works with patients referred from general practice and Maori health providers.
Katie can be contacted on ph 021 844 132. Email: Katie.email@example.com
Supermarket tours are available for anyone interested in healthy eating, avoiding or improving diabetes, or cholesterol/heart attack/stroke.
Tours last 1 – 1 ½ hours, are relaxed, and based mostly on attendees’ questions. Nutrition and label reading are covered. Whanau/and or support people are encouraged, and welcome to attend. Please remember to bring your reading glasses.
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text 021 844 132.
Please provide your contact details: name, contact phone number, preferred supermarket location and number in your whanau/group attending.
Individual consultations are available for adults for whom a supermarket tour is not suitable. Whanau/and or support people are encouraged, and welcome to attend.
Clinics are held in Paihia, Kerikeri, Kaitaia, Kawakawa, Kaikohe and Kaeo.
Suitable referrals include people who are ready to change and have:
- Attended a Whakamana Hauora self management course and require further advice
- Obesity in pregnancy
- A gastrointestinal condition, such as irritable bowel syndrome or non-acute phase Crohn’s disease
- Food allergies/intolerances
- Nutrition related anaemia
- Families referred from before school checks (B4SC),
- Have a chronic condition and need a nutrition assessment or specialised advice.
Excluded from this service:
- People who can be referred to dietitian services in Northland Health (this includes people with complicated diabetes, those referred for bariatric surgery, and those who have recently been discharged from hospital)
- People who are not willing/able to commit to making behaviour changes at this time
- People who live in a rest home
- ACC referrals
- Sports Nutrition
Clinic locations are:
Kaitaia: Te Tai Tokerau PHO Office, 30 Pucky Ave, Kaitaia
Kerikeri: Te Tai Tokerau PHO Office, 2 Clark Rd, Kerikeri
Kaikohe: Broadway Health Centre, 36 Lower Broadway, Kaikohe
Kawakawa: Bay of Islands Hospital, Hospital Rd, Kawakawa
Paihia: Paihia Medical Services or Bayview Medical Centre
Kaeo and Kaikohe please contact:
Kaikohe: Broadway Health Centre, Kaikohe 09 401 1556
Kaeo: Whangaroa Health Services, Kaeo 09 405 0541