2018 Kai Ora fund application criteria
This fund provides ‘seed funding’ and we will prioritise projects that, once started, can sustain themselves without reliance on continued Kai Ora funding.
To be considered for funding:
- The applicant must complete a fund application form.
- The applicant must have legal status (for example, be an incorporated society, charitable trust, a not-for-profit company, and so on) or be formally umbrellaed/auspiced by an organisation having legal status. A copy of the appropriate certification needs to accompany the application (plus a copy of the formal arrangement with the auspiceing organisation). GST registration is not a requirement.
- We will prioritise projects that fit with the Kai Ora criteria. Priority will be given to projects that focus on lower socio-economic communities, Māori communities, and groups with known food access/provision issues.
- A total of $40 000 is available for funding in the Far North District Council Area and we aim is to spread the funding evenly between the different Wards of the FNDC area.
A total of $24 500 is available for funding in the Whangarei and Kaipara region.
The maximum funding available per project will be $5000. Lesser amounts can be applied for.
- It is expected that all funded projects have a representative at a Kai Ora workshop and be part of the Kai Ora network. A Kai Ora ‘workshop day’ where contracting details will be confirmed and links and synergies between projects can be made will be held on:
- Wednesday 16 May between 10 am and 3 pm in Kaikohe for Far North related projects
- Tuesday 22 May 10 am until 3 pm for Whangārei and Kaipara related projects
We encourage all groups that are interested to apply or to get in touch and talk through their ideas. We want the projects we fund to make a difference to people and communities in Tai Tokerau and we are here to encourage and support those who wish to apply.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 21 March 2018.
Kai ora fund application form can be downloaded here: application form 2018
Stepped Change fund application form can be downloaded here: step change application
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would an application form to be posted.