Respiratory Nurse Specialist
This service is funded by the Northland District Health Board. It is coordinated through the Respiratory Nurse Specialist.
About the service
The Respiratory Support service supports general practices to better manage people with Chronic Respiratory conditions
The Respiratory Nurse Specialist has two key functions:
- To Respiratory Nurse Specialist can provide specific education and treatment support on request from your GP or Nurse to:
- Provide free or low-cost spirometry testing service in remote areas with small practices.
- Supports a small number of people with complex respiratory conditions. The nurse can assist you to better understand your lung condition, medications and self-management or lifestyle skills
- The Respiratory Nurse Specialist also coordinates pulmonary rehabilitation programmes
- To ensure practice nurse knowledge of chronic respiratory conditions is at a proficient level by:
- facilitating the 12hour asthma and COPD fundamentals programme
- promoting and coordinating Spirometry training for Practice Nurses
- provides mentoring and coaching support to Practice Nurses in the care of people with respiratory conditions
Services are delivered
Across Mid-Far North: Kawakawa, Moerewa, Paihia, Kerikeri. Kaikohe, Hokianga, Whangaroa, Taipa, Kaitaia.
You can download the brochure TTT PHO – Respiratory Pamphlet.
This service is also delivered in:
- Northern Rural Corrections Facility
- General practices throughout Te Tai Tokerau
Who is eligible?
All people with chronic respiratory conditions -all ages across the life span
Who can refer?
- GP or Practice nurse
- All services in Primary or Secondary health care
Health Navigator: www.healthnavigator.org.nz
Asthma and respiratory foundation of NZ: www.asthmafoundation.org.nz
How to access services
A referral to the specialist nurse can be made by your GP or Nurse to :
Marilyn Dyer: 021 711 567 Phone: 09 408 3142 email: email@example.com
He Tangata, He Tangata, He Tangata
It is people, its is people , it is people