Health Intelligence – Data Analyst
11th July 2018
This is a new position that will be located in Te Tai Tokerau PHO office. As a shared position across the two PHOs it will be necessary for the appointee to have a presence in both PHO offices. The successful applicant will fulfil a key role in informing planning and development of primary health activities, projects and programmes across Te Tai Tokerau and Manaia Primary Health Organisations.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the health industry, preferably within primary care and be passionate in their desire to make a difference within our community. Extensive experience in data analysis and modelling as well as manipulation and networking of large datasets is critical to this appointment.
This position is 0.8 FTE; Days and times to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
To be successful in this role you would need to:
- Collect, record, report and interpret health and health service data to inform the planning and development of primary health activities, projects and programmes across Te Tai Tokerau and Manaia PHOs.
- Transform health data into meaningful analytics and visualisations.
- Support services and service manager/leaders to make better use of available knowledge, intelligence and data.
- Develop, implement and review health intelligence and data visualisation projects for both PHOs.
- To develop and maintain meaningful relationships with key information analysts within Northland’s primary and secondary health care sectors.
- Report on health intelligence/information products to relevant stakeholders.
Skills and experience
We’re looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- A graduate qualification in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or related field.
- Full drivers licence.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven willingness to learn and improve
- Strong critical thinking ability
- The ability to work individually as well within a team environment
- A passion for working with data and databases – manage and manipulate data using tools such as Excel, SQL, Access, Power BI, Tableau
- Experienced in data analysis
- Experience with data modelling
- Demonstrated competence in interpreting data and using it to tell a story.
- Working knowledge of the New Zealand health sector.
- Ability to analyse quantitative data
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and manage sensitive information.
- Demonstrated competence in a range of analytical tools and products.
- Demonstrated competence with extracting data from source.
- Demonstrated motivation to engage with and learn new languages/tools where necessary.
For information regarding this position see the job description: 20180711- Position Description-Health Intelligence-Data Analyst-FINAL and TTTPHO-HR-F003-Application for Employment
Please contact Jensen Webber on 021 423 862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday 30 July 2018
Please forward your covering letter, CV and application form to Human Resources, PO BOX 57, Kerikeri 0245 Email to HR@tttpho.co.nz