Pharmacist – Everyday Care
Your local pharmacist can provide confidential, expert advice and treatment for a wide range of common illnesses and complaints without you having to wait for an appointment.
Your pharmacist may be able to help you with:
- Eye infections, stomach upsets, skin conditions, allergies, aches and pains
- Common medication, vitamins and minor first aid
- Healthy eating and living, including giving up smoking
- Blood pressure and diabetes monitoring and needle exchange
- Women’s health, including emergency contraception and pregnancy testing adn treatment for urinary tract infections UTIs
- Children’s problems including nappy rash, teething, coughs and colds
- Vaccination including flu vaccine, whooping cough (including aduilts) and Meningococcal disease (age 16 years and older)
- All prescribed and over the counter medicines
- Medicines support – helping you remember when to take your medicines and to collect your prescriptions
- Special packaging of your medicines to help you manage and remember many different medicines
- Anticoagulation service (if you are on warfarin for your INR blood test)
- The safe disposal of medicines which are no longer needed
It’s important to collect repeat prescriptions from your daytime family doctor, GP or surgery before the weekend or a public holiday or if you are going away on holiday.