Manawa Ora Healthy Homes Initiatives
Manawa Ora Healthy Homes Initiatives is a FREE service that supports whānau with tamariki to create warmer, drier, healthier homes. Manawa Ora can provide:
- carpets or rugs
- beds and bedding
If you have a Community Services Card, and you are pregnant or have children under 5, you may be eligible.
Talk to the following people about making a referral for you:
- Midwife or Lead Maternity Carer
- Your ward nurse (if you have recently been in hospital)
- Public health nurse
- Family Start or social worker
- Plunket nurse or Tamariki Ora nurse
- School sore throat swabbing provider.
Manawa Ora can help regardless of your housing situation – whether you live in your own home, a rental or Housing New Zealand house, or need help to find a home.
For more information:
Referral forms and information sheets can be found here.
To talk to someone contact:
Manawa Ora Regional Coordinator
(09) 438 1015