What we do
Primary Health Organisations (PHOs) work with primary health care providers in local communities to support the delivery of health services to meet the needs of their enrolled populations.
Te Tai Tokerau PHO:
- Funds and coordinates services
- Provides resources and support for General Practices
- Delivers some specialised primary health care services.
Our aims are to ensure:
- A greater emphasis on population health, health promotion, preventative care and community involvement
- Involvement of a range of health professionals, with multi-disciplinary approaches to decision making
- Improvements in accessibility, affordability and appropriateness of services
- Improvements in co-ordination and continuity of care
- The provision and funding of services according to the population’s needs
- Services are more affordable, accessible and better suited to the needs of enrolled members and their whanau
The PHO has responsibility for ensuring that current challenges in community healthcare are being addressed. These challenges include child and adolescent health, immunisation, mental health and long-term conditions such as diabetes and cardiovascular/heart disease.
Benefits of enrolling in a PHO:
The benefits of enrolling with a GP Practice affiliated to Te Tai Tokerau PHO include:
- Eligibility for:
- reduced family doctor costs
- free doctor visits for children under six
- reduced prescription charges
- Access to special health services to help you better manage chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease
- Your primary provider will get to know you and your specific health issues, and can work with other health services to make sure that you and your family or whānau have access to the best possible health care.
To find a Doctor near you and their fees here
Find your nearest Pharmacy here
Eligibility for Publicly funded Health & Disability Services here